Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Questions raised during the process of packing up my apartment and moving to a new apartment

Where did this Yoga matt come from?
How long am I supposed to keep this shrink-wrapped cd that came with my laptop three years ago? Forever?
When did my third desk drawer become a black hole of tax forms smudged with pizza fingerprints?
How majestic—I just found a pellet-like marshmallow in my hair.
Since when did I own this heavy marble pen?
Why am I suddenly wearing a piano key tie?
Why are there raisins in tuxedos playing the saxophone behind me?
Why am I sashaying down this glowing staircase?
Why am I clenching a rose in my teeth and sitting down at the piano to play a jazzy duet with a dapper cat?
Why am I turning over this huge hourglass so I can do it all over again?

4 Comments:

Blogger Smith said...

My comment is, I loved this, and I laughed out loud.

December 2, 2009 at 11:25 AM  
Blogger chamberlain said...

haw haw haw

December 2, 2009 at 11:26 AM  
Blogger chamberlain said...

#jazzyduet

#dappercat

December 2, 2009 at 11:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

1. Target
2. Yes.
3. The distant future--wormhole--2003.
4. not a question?
5. my mom bought it for you in Arizona.
6. cuz it's Friday at the bank you work for.
7. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_California_Raisins
8. dead?
9. copyright infringement with these guys--en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_California_Raisins
10. god loves you

December 7, 2009 at 8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home