Saturday, May 07, 2005

The Highlights of Getting your MFA at the Yale School of Drama

The Yale School of Drama gives a good all-around education in the art of theater. Have you ever wondered what makes the curtains open at the beginning of a show? The answer is: ropes. Somebody's pulling those ropes, and when you're at the Yale School of Drama, chances are that somebody is either you, or someone you hate. Gaining admittance to the halls of this esteemed institution offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to learn important theater facts such as:
What is the difference between comedy and tragedy?
Where should I put my costume after I've worn it to ensure that it will be laundered by an inferior?
How can I ensure that people I hate will not become famous?
Is it possible that there are this many homosexuals in a school of less than 200?
Is theater dead? Am I fatter than I was before I came here? In the immortal words of Hamlet, "The play's the thing." So put on your character shoes and your plot hat and ride the theater train up to Drama School Station. It's time for the show!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home