Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Excerpt from the episode of Sex and the City where Carrie is in Kindergarten

EXT. PLAYGROUND.

CARRIE: [VOICE-OVER] As I slid down the tube-slide at recess, and felt my underpants riding up my bottom, I remembered what Miranda said to me in the classroom while we were gluing the black buttons on our snowmen. Was it true? Did Daddy really put his penis into Mommy's vagina to help me get born? All over New York, I suddenly realized, there were penises, and vaginas, going into each other and making babies. I couldn't help but wonder: was it also true what Charlotte had said, that I had to come out of my Mommy's vagina to get born? Were vaginas the new tube-slides? Later that day I took Charlotte, Miranda, and Samantha into the second-grade room and showed them my vagina. It made me think: at the end of the day, there's nothing more important than your three best friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home